Careers At Whale Tankers
We currently have 1 job available.
With over 5 decades of trading and over 220 employees, our experience has taught us that our employees are our greatest assets. With an average length of service of 11 years, we don’t like to lose people once they have joined.
Absenteeism is low and we aim to keep it that way by offering benefits of BUPA and bonuses to encourage and help people come to work.
As an employer, Whale Tankers provides a range of rewards and benefits for people who join the team. Whale recognises the contribution employees make to the success of the business.
- A competitive salary
- The opportunity to invest in our share ownership scheme
- A company-funded pension scheme
- 25 days’ holiday entitlement, plus bank holidays
- A number of bonuses
We offer a full induction programme that includes Health and Safety, manual handling and job-specific training among other areas.
Whale strives to be an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applicants regardless of age, gender, race or disability.
The role will include: –
- Working with production to create Jigs and fixtures
- Working with production to draw up component parts
- Reviewing, altering and updating drawings
- Creating parts lists / Bill of Materials
- Minimize part count on designs
- Standardize parts and materials for whale products
- Create modular assemblies
- Design for efficient joining
- Simplify and reduce the number of manufacturing operations
- Understand surface finishes and choose the correct one for functionality
- A sound understanding of general engineering drafting principles
- Knowledge of Design Manufacture and Assembly
- It would be an advantage to have an engineering HND qualification
- Experience in a similar role is essential
- Proficiency in both AutoCad and Solid Works for 2D and 3D drawings would be an advantage
- A working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- An interest in manufacturing and production
- Capable of handling more than one task at a time
- Good communication
- Attention to detail
- Driven, persistent and determined
- Competitive Salary DOE
- 39.5 hours per week
- Company Pension Scheme
- Comprehensive bonus structure
- Opportunity to join share ownership scheme
When we have no vacancies, or none which you feel are relevant to you, you can still apply speculatively, explaining which role would be your preference. If you would like to apply speculatively , click on the Apply Now button.
If we do not have vacancies you may still apply speculatively and we will keep your application on record. You may now apply speculatively online – click for Speculative Application